Friday, September 10, 2010

1 Nephi 10

Sorry for the dry spell. I have been out of town with work (I am writing this from Las Vegas). I will try to catch up.

1 Nephi 10

Vs 1
Nephi completes his rehearsing of his father’s story and begins on his own.

Vs. 2-3
I have been reading the book of Jeremiah from the Old Testament while reading this part of the Book of Mormon as well. Both Nephi and Jeremiah lived at the same time and were writing about many of the same events. It has been very interesting to see the fulfillment of Lehi’s prophecies in the book of Jeremiah.

Vs. 11-12
I am constantly trying to do as we are taught by likening the scriptures unto my own life and situation. The Book of Mormon continually talks about “Israel” and the “Gentiles.” Since we as Latter-Day-Saints are really both Israel and Gentiles, I am continually trying to figure out how the scriptures apply to me. These verses are a perfect example of my confusion. Any thoughts from anyone???

Vs 13
This verse seems to make it clear that I am a Gentile and Israel is the Jews. This is not always the case in other scriptures however. Was Joseph Smith a Gentile of was he a natural branch of Israel???

Vs. 17
Nephi was desirous that he might “see, hear, and know” all the things his father saw, heard and knew. This scripture says this is a gift given to “all those who diligently seek him”. This is something I desire.

Vs. 18
The way is prepared for all!

Vs. 19
This is one of my favorite scriptures. “He that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them”

Vs 20-21
We are judged for what we do. If we do wickedly we will be found unworthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment