Sunday, August 22, 2010

A new type of Blog.

It has become obvious to all of you that I haven’t been writing in my blog for a long time. I am really sorry. I have continued to read over the past couple of months but I have been reading things that are very difficult to blog about. I have been primarily continuing to read from Elder McConkie’s “Messiah” series and have absolutely been overwhelmed by the greatness of these volumes. I encourage everyone to read them prayerfully and great things will be revealed to you.

In the mean time I felt a strong prompting yesterday to blog in a different way. I am going to start reading the Book of Mormon again tomorrow. I started a month or so ago but feel I need to start over again with you. This is what I am proposing.

Every day I will read from the Book of Mormon. I am hoping that some of you will follow along. Every day I will write the promptings and feeling that come to me. I am hoping you will do the same and that we can edify one another. I promise that I will read every day and never miss. However, there may be days that I am unable to write but I promise to make an effort to write every day.

My dear friend and mentor Denver Snuffer has done something similar. I encourage you to follow his blog as well. He is much further along spiritually than I. I certainly don’t want to compare myself to him or take anything away from him but I feel I have something to offer none the less.

If you feel this would be helpful for you, please follow along. Please post your comments. As we do this, perhaps we can grow together and really help one another become faithful followers of Christ.

With love and appreciation,

Scott

1 comment: